Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Gabriella Harrison

Today I was delightfully surprised - okay, maybe shocked is a better term - when I saw that Gabriella Harrison had donated to Periclean Scholars in support of my MCM journey. Why would I be shocked that a donation was made? I do not personally know Gabriella. She and I are complete strangers, and I have neither met her nor chatted with her. Yet, Gabriella and I share something in common: we are both training for the Marine Corps Marathon in October 2011.

Please visit Gabriella's blog at http://gabriellah99.blogspot.com/ to learn more about her and her journey! While I have still not had the opportunity to speak with her, her blog tells me the following things about her:

  • She is someone who makes a difference in spite of all of the odds against her - and she wants to help others overcome their own odds.
  • She is holistic in her training perspective, and she records anything that affects her running. This shows me that she is true to herself and honest in her journey.
  • She is determined to educate her audience about ways to improve their training. One way that I saw this immediately was the soda graphic she posted on April 21. Another way was that she sent me her blog link!

I am still so pleasantly surprised that Gabriella would support a stranger's journey down this road. It gives me confidence that I am not only raising money for Periclean Scholars, but educating people outside the Elon community about the program and its far-reaching benefits.

Come race day, Gabriella and I certainly won't be strangers. We will be part of an elite group of 30,000, with a single goal of covering 26.2 miles in Virginia and DC. Though I won't be running with a buddy, I won't feel so alone  - because a fellow MCM2011'er will have contributed to the cause of the PSAA.

Thank you, Gabriella.

3 comments:

  1. How awesome is this?!! Indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I was able to help and thrilled, humbled, and honored to read this acknowledgement!!! Thank you! I'm so glad those were the things you gathered from my blog because that's exactly what i try to portray! I may fb msg you with some questions next week.... i'd love to write a post about you and your cause! Good luck with the training and I look forward to running the MCM "with" you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dad - it is awesome!

    Gabriella - You're welcome! Please feel free to FB message me with any questions you may have. A post on your blog in support of my journey would be an honor! Good luck and have fun with your training, too!

    ReplyDelete