Sunday, July 10, 2011

Reason #23 to Support Periclean Scholars: Donations Are For The Benefit Of Us All

Over the course of my training and fundraising, I have received some recurring questions about the donation process. Below are my answers.

Question: How much of the PSAA goes directly to you?
Answer: NONE. When you donate through the Active.com site, 100% goes to the Periclean Scholars Alumni Association. None of it goes to my pocket. I repeat, I do not personally receive the money you contribute. It is a donation to the organization and not to me. I simply set up the page as a means to track donations through my marathon initiative.

Question: Does the money go to Elon or to the PSAA?
Answer: The PSAA is an Elon-based organization, but the money goes 100% to Periclean works. When you make a contribution to the Periclean Scholars, it is a tax deductible contribution to Elon University’s Periclean Scholars Program. For tax purposes, you will see the code for Elon University. Functionally, the money goes directly toward the Periclean projects. Periclean is not consumed by administrative or service fees, like many charitable recipients. Periclean donations go exactly where the donor expects: to important projects that raise global civic engagement.

Question: What is the easiest way to donate?
Answer: The easiest way to donate is through the Active.com site. This ensures that your donation is processed in a timely manner and accounted for on the donor website. It will also give you a receipt with tax information if you wish to claim a charitable tax deduction.

In summary: Donating through the site does not benefit me financially, but seeing that friends, family, and strangers have given to the PSAA does provide me strength and encouragement during my training. Donating may benefit you if you can use the tax deduction. Donating will benefit us all by building up an organization that supports global civic engagement through many avenues.

This is reason #23 to support Periclean Scholars: Donations are for the benefit of us all.

1 comment:

  1. When you donate, a receipt page will appear. You can print out the receipt and keep it for your records for a 2011 charitable tax deduction. The tax I.D. number, amount donated, organization, and all necessary information for a tax deduction is supplied on the receipt.

    ReplyDelete