Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chitenge Challenge Reminder!

Blog readers and supporters: Please do not forget about the Chitenge Challenge! It is a week away from completion, and I am confident that we can get there.

If I can reach a fundraising goal by July 31, then I will wear the Zambian traditional dress for women (the chitenge) to work in a federal office building.

Thank you to all who have donated. Your willingness to give humbles me and motivates me on each run. The PSAA will be able to touch more lives specifically because you have donated. Please consider spreading the word and telling a couple of friends about the blog and my initiative.

To all who are contemplating a contribution: Now is a great time to give! Each dollar counts toward the total of getting me in a chitenge during the work day. Your donations go to a cause that is close to my heart and has positively impacted many that I have known and met along this journey. Plus, it is tax deductible.

To all who are unable to give at this time: Thank you for following along! Please spread the word about my blog and goals. Read about additional (non-monetary) ways to support our mission and do one or more of these. Each non-monetary contribution directly supports the overall mission of the Periclean Scholars. Leave a comment if this blog inspires you to do one or more of these actions!

Here are some more pictures of Zambian women (and American muzungus) in chitenges:


Becca and other Pericleans, before we learned how to tie the chitenge. (I don't think I'll wear it like this to work!)
Charity, our incredible HFHZ coordinator, teaches us how to properly tie the garment.


Women in Kawama Village wear chitenges in many different colors and prints.
Kawama women celebrate the construction of two new homes at the closing ceremony.
I look forward to the opportunity to educate my coworkers about my time in Zambia by wearing a garment that none (or few) of them have seen before. Thank you for all that you do to get me there!

No comments:

Post a Comment