Friday, July 22, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Jason DeLorenzo

I am honored to have received a donation to Periclean Scholars from my new runner friend, Jason (or Jay). After having met a week ago through the Spin-Offs, I know that Jay is dedicated to my marathon success. In fact, his success is vested in mine; we are training for the same race and will be a part of the 30,000 MCM elite on October 30. We both want to see each other cross that start line and finish line successfully (and not turn into zombies on Halloween).

I had mentioned this in last week's running report, but I feel I must mention it again. Jay's running this marathon with me is a true inspiration. If I had pediatric GIST - a type of stomach cancer - I might have resigned hope and never thought I could live a normal life. Yet, he is not afraid to take on challenges like the marathon and live each day to its fullest. I know that he would appreciate if I shared the link to his Life Raft Group, so I will do so in his acknowledgement. Please consider supporting this group, too.

We each get one life to live. I am thankful for the events of this past week, for they have led me to Jay as a new running buddy and encourager. In the week I have known him, Jay has proven to me that he believes in my abilities as a runner, as well as my abilities to make a difference for the causes I care most about - including Periclean Scholars.


Thank you, Jay.

No comments:

Post a Comment