Monday, July 4, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Elyse Tooley

I am excited to write a donor acknowledgement for Elyse Tooley, one of my Elon friends that also settled in the Arlington, VA area after graduation. When I first moved down to the Northern Virginia area in 2009, Elyse was one of my very first friends to contact me, excited about planning get-togethers. When you are new to a city, you feel like you have to rebuild your support and social networks - but having a friend like Elyse in the area made that process so much easier for me. Since then, we still meet up and keep in touch regularly.

It is an honor to see that Elyse has contributed to the chitenge challenge. She has told me that she is excited for me to wear the red, white, and blue chitenge to work - and that I better take pictures! Elyse, don't worry - there will definitely be pictures if I meet my goal by July 31! If not, I'll still show you what the chitenge looks like in person.

One of my goals on race day is to have friends and family as spectators along the course, to keep me motivated. Elyse has told me that she will watch for me in Crystal City. This means so much to me - Crystal City is a key point on the race course, and I will now have extra incentive to beat the bridge on race day and finish the last 10K strong.

Elyse is a true and loyal friend, and I am honored to have her support as a friend - in many ways, including those listed above.

Thank you, Elyse.

No comments:

Post a Comment