Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Paul Crowell

I offer my most sincere thanks to Paul Crowell, who, upon learning of my fundraising goal for Project Pericles through running the Marine Corps Marathon, did not blink in showing support.

Paul's donation humbles me because I do not yet know him personally. He is a Vice President at my dad's company. In supporting the efforts of a family member of one of his fellow staff, Paul has demonstrated to me his commitment beyond profit - he is undoubtedly concerned about the people he works with, and the planet he serves on.

Paul exemplifies the spirit of the Periclean program at Elon, in that he gives not only when he feels like it, but when he is called to do so. He knows that giving in this manner makes the most significant difference. By listening to his staff, he allows the Periclean program to listen to our partners and make meaningful contributions in this same spirit.

I was delighted when my dad told me that Paul's son, a high school senior, is considering Elon University as one of his top college choices. If the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, I have no doubt that Paul's son will be a great fit in the Elon environment, because he would be actively involved in the campus community. In fact, I think that he would be a great Periclean, because of the manner in which he gives and by considering the family of his work family as not the "other" but as his own.

Paul, I look forward to the day that I get to meet you and thank you in person. Your contribution provides extra motivation to run well in support of Project Pericles.

Thank you, Paul.

1 comment:

  1. ...and I thank you Paul, for supporting my daughter and her efforts.

    ReplyDelete