Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hurricane: 1. Half Marathon: 0.

Hurricane Irene is scheduled to make landfall on Wildwood, NJ, right as the half marathon is scheduled to take place. 

Nnnooooooooooooooooo!

Irene, you may have won this battle, but you did not win the war! The race officials have deferred all entrants to the 2012 race, because it would require too much logistical coordination to schedule the race for an alternate date in 2011. As of now, I had not planned any races for next season - but now, I will be motivated to keep on going in anticipation of this race!

Training for the marathon will not be stalled by this. I will do a long run either tomorrow evening or early Saturday; it will either be a fast 13 or a slow 19, depending on how ambitious I am.

My hope is that Irene's evil twin sister or brother does not reappear for MCM. If it does, then... well, I guess I'll have to repeat all of this training one more year!

No comments:

Post a Comment