Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A New Challenge

Today, one of my coworkers at FAA gave me a copy of Monday's Free-Lance Star, the local newspaper for Fredericksburg, VA. On Sunday, Fredericksburg hosted the Marine Corps Historic Half, brought to us by the same folks as the Marine Corps Marathon. An article on the race covers the front page of Monday's edition.

I love that my coworker thought about me and saved the paper for me - because now I have a new challenge.

The paper details how Drew Carey completed the Marine Corps Half in just under two hours - and how he intends to run the Marine Corps Marathon this fall. Given how I completed a flat and fast half marathon course in 1:51:02 just two weeks prior - and how the Fredericksburg course has the renowned Hospital Hill - I think that Drew and I may be at similar paces for the Marine Corps Marathon this fall.

While I had always had the goal to beat Oprah's MCM time of 4:29:15, I now have a new competitive goal: beat Drew Carey in the MCM, live and in person.

Tune in in October to see if I do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment