Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Sharon Davies

I have known Sharon since before I started my time at Elon and after she graduated Elon. She and I have many of the same interests, so she took the time to chat with me and mentor me - especially before and during my first year of Elon when I had many, many questions.

Sharon understands how important it is for alumni to remain a strong and loyal force in order for the programs they love to flourish. I have seen her continuously involved in the programs that shaped her as an undergraduate. As a student, I felt that she made me feel welcome and helped me overcome a lot of my fears about college. As an alum, I am so happy to see that she wants to help my journey that benefits Elon - now alma mater to both of us.

The Periclean Scholars Program began when Sharon was nearing graduation. This is unfortunate, because I know that if she had the chance to participate, I know she would have been a fantastic scholar. Nevertheless, her vision and mentality is Periclean, and if in the near or distant future she is asked to participate in an alumni-student trip, I know she will fit right in.

Thank you, Sharon.

No comments:

Post a Comment