Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Eric Medhus (Dad)

I understand that there is little that people may get out of donating to my cause other than the feeling of having done good for the world. There's no souvenir or trinket beyond the receipt that says your donation was tax deductible. As a way to reward my donors, I am going to write a donor acknowledgement for each person who donates and leaves their name (basically anything other than "anonymous") on the donation page. If I know you (or the person who referred you to the site), I will write a short entry about you, too.

My first donation came in this morning from my dad, Eric Medhus. I had been wondering if anyone was going to give at all, and admittedly, even though I have 5 1/2 months left to raise $3,580, I didn't even think I would make it to $1! My dad came through and made me believe that yes, friends and family will support me. Thank you, Dad, for giving without hesitation so that I could be strong during my run and all throughout training. I know you are committed to my journey to benefit Periclean Scholars. Even when I was at Elon, this was one of your favorite activities to brag about. "My daughter went to Zambia... to build houses with Habitat! Yeah, she did it through her university and the Periclean Scholars Program!" I know you will be so proud of me when I cross that finish line in October and help to ensure that Periclean Scholars will be around for future generations. You are helping to make future Elon parents proud of their children's accomplishments as global citizens with gentle hearts and giving spirits.

Thank you, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment