Monday, November 7, 2011

Donor Acknowledgement - Luke Medhus

I offer my most sincere gratitude to my younger brother, Luke, for contributing to the Periclean Scholars Alumni Association in honor of my marathon accomplishment. Not only is he my brother, but he is also a conduit of success for me.

I was able to achieve success before and after the marathon in part due to Luke. Without someone to chase around and play sports with as a kid, I probably would not have been as active throughout my life and would have been less likely to undertake the marathon challenge. Without Luke coming out to watch the marathon, I probably would not have found my family so close after the race. Since he is so tall, I was able to pick him out of the crowd. Upon finding him, I was able to borrow his jacket, so I avoided hypothermia after the race.

Me & Luke, post-marathon (after I got my bag with my own jacket)
Luke, I am honored that you have contributed to the PSAA, to make a difference in the lives of some who I know through my work at Zambia and connections to Elon, as well as many whom I do not, but are Periclean partners and community members in partner nations.

Thank you, Luke.

1 comment:

  1. We are so proud of both of you, Jill and Luke. This is what family is all about. This is how we set and meet goals. This is what parents dream about for their children, To be supportive of each other, fulfilling your own dreams, together. This is wonderful. More than that, this is super!!! Love you two.

    ReplyDelete